* Participants may be eligible for a Rural Health West grant – please contact us for details *
This 2-day course, in association with Physio Strong Albany, teaches fundamental skills in prescribing gym-based strength exercise programmes. A mixture of practical and theory sessions combine to give physiotherapists the confidence and competence to deliver effective rehabilitation, injury prevention and general strength programmes. Based on the most up to date research and practice, participants will learn how to effectively prescribe key lower limb strength exercises to their patients, how to match the intensity of the exercise to the capacity of the individual and how to create structured and progressive programmes. The key take home messages can be readily applied to clinical practice in a variety of settings.
What will I learn?
– A broad repertoire of lower limb strengthening exercises and modifications
– How to prescribe intensity, volume, rest and frequency to optimise your rehab
– How to construct short and long-term strength programmes
– Understand contemporary guidelines for resistance training for older populations and how to apply them
– Facts and myths of injury prevention
– Lifting heavy things is not just for athletes
Date: Friday 18th February – Saturday 19th February 2022
Time: Fri 3pm – 8pm; Sat 8am – 5pm
Location: Retravision Stadium, 156 Lockyer Avenue, Centennial Park, Albany, WA 6330 & Bodycare Health Club, 70 Lion Street, Albany, WA 6330
Light refreshments will be provided.
**If you haven’t received your order confirmation via email please check your junk mail**